Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hello Again

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't formally said hello to you since I have gotten back from Tahoe. The trip was amazing, and there are more posts about it to come, so stay tuned. Normally I update you on what book I am reading on the side bar, but I have been through multiple books in the past week while I was on my trip, so here is a little recap incase you were wondering. 

First off I finally finish Lolita. Yay! It was a very good read.

Next off I read the "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. This is apparently a book everyone has read but me. Okay that is a tad exaggeration, but apparently it is quite a popular book. And now I know why. I highly suggest it.



Then I read "Naked" by David Sedaris. I have been meaning to read his books for a while now, so I finally went to the strand and bought one of his books. Sadly my used copy did not come with the book jacket. This is both sad because the jacket and hardcover together are a very cool design, and also I didn't know what the book was about. Because of this it took a little bit of getting used to, but was incredibly entertaining.


Next up was "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk. Another author I had been meaning to check out for quite some time. Really an interesting concept about the power of words in sound, in a world where silence seems to be hard to come by. Living (the majority of my time) in NYC I definitely crave silence, so this theme resonated with me. I am sure if you have heard of him you have heard that his books a little odd, which I now know is true, but they are also really good reads.
Sidenote: Palahniuk resides in Portland, OR, so he is also my west coast neighbor! Ballin!


Not sure what is next on my bill of books to read. I am thinking maybe "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath, but I plan to head to this amazing used bookstore in town to find some reads for my trip to LA next week. Do you have any recommendations? 

No comments: